Summer 2020 Volunteer Projects
- Sat, May 15Whittier, AK 99693, USA
- Sat, May 22Whittier
- Sat, May 22Whittier
- Sun, Jun 27Whittier, AK 99693, USA
- Tue, Jul 13Whittier, AK 99693, USA
- Fri, Jul 16Elrington Island, Alaska, USA
- Fri, Jul 16Elrington Island
- Sat, Aug 07Whittier, AK 99693, USA
- Fri, Aug 07Elrington IslandAug 07, 2020, 8:00 AM – Aug 09, 2020, 12:00 PMElrington Island, Elrington Island, Alaska, USAThis is your chance to score a glass float or your next buoy swing! Join us for 3 days of beach clean-ups in the Elrington Island area of SW Prince William Sound. Special precautions will be taken on this work project to protect against COVID-19.
- Tue, Aug 04SHRODE LAKE CABINAug 04, 2020, 8:00 AM – Aug 07, 2020, 12:00 PMSHRODE LAKE CABIN, Whittier, AK 99693, USASpend 3 nights at the Shrode Lake Cabin while helping the Chugach National Forest perform light to moderate trail and cabin maintenance. Special precautions will be taken on this work project to protect against COVID-19.
- Tue, Jul 28Culross Passage
- Sat, Jul 25Whittier, AK 99693, USA
- Fri, Jul 10Knight IslandJul 10, 2020, 7:00 AM – Jul 12, 2020, 6:00 PMKnight Island, Knight Island, Alaska, USAHelp us keep Prince William Sound healthy, clean and wild by removing marine debris from some of the most scenic and remote beaches in the Sound! Special precautions will be taken on this work project to protect against COVID-19.
- Tue, Jun 23Blackstone BayJun 23, 2020, 8:00 AM – Jun 27, 2020, 5:00 PMBlackstone Bay, Blackstone Bay, Alaska, USAPut a positive and enduring mark on 17-Mile Beach in Blackstone Bay. Volunteers will work with Forest Service personnel to create hardened campsites, remove fallen trees, and restore vegetation. Special precautions will be taken on this work project to protect against COVID-19.
Note: All projects subject to change in response to COVID-19. Thank you for your patience, and stay healthy!
PWS Natural History Symposium
May 18, 2020 - 9am to 5pm
Second Annual PWS Natural History Symposium
Join the Prince William Sound Stewardship Foundation for a free webinar event on May 18th, 9am to 5pm. We are taking the symposium online this year to explore Prince William Sound’s natural science, history, culture, land management and more. Originally conceived for guides, naturalists, and other educators the symposium is also popular with the general public.
Registration is required for this free event. For more information and to register for this event please visit: https://www.princewilliamsound.org/natural-history-symposium