Sun, Jun 27 | Whittier, AK 99693, USA
Blackstone Bay Campsite Hardening and Outhouse Construction
Put a positive and enduring mark on 17-Mile Beach in Blackstone Bay. Volunteers will work with Forest Service personnel to create hardened campsites, remove fallen trees, restore vegetation, and build an outhouse.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Jun 27, 9:30 PM – Jul 01, 5:00 PM
Whittier, AK 99693, USA
About The Event
Join the Forest Service for any portion of this five-day project at 17-Mile Beach in Blackstone Bay.
- We have space for four volunteers on a US Forest Service vessel traveling between Whittier to Blackstone Bay (must be 18 years or older to ride on the vessel and must provide proof of a Covid-19 Vaccination record card or results of a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hrs of mission).
- Volunteers can also join us in their private vessels. Families are welcome.
- Two Chugach National Forest employees will lead the project and provide safety training.
- Volunteers will use Pulaskis, crosscut saws, shovels, and other hand-tools to create durable camping surfaces, restore vegetation, dig an outhouse hole, and erect an outhouse.
- Moderate physical condition required to work on uneven surfaces, carry tools, remove brush, and other light to moderate activity.
- Participants will work under volunteer agreement with the Chugach National Forest and be provided all tools, materials, and personal protective equipment.
- Best practices will be followed to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Food and camping gear are not provided.
- A $50 non-refundable registration fee per person is required to reserve space on the vessel.
For more project details please contact email@example.com
- Sold OutBlackstone Bay Hardening$50$500$0
This event is sold out