Fri, Jul 16 | Elrington Island
Elrington Island Beach Clean-Up (FULL)
This is your chance to score a glass float or your next buoy swing! Join us for 3 days of beach clean-ups in the Elrington Island area of SW Prince William Sound.
Sorry! This trip is full. Please sign up for the wait list.
Time & Location
Jul 16, 8:30 AM – Jul 18, 5:00 PM
Elrington Island, Prince William Sound, Alaska, USA
About The Event
Join us for up to 3 days as we clean marine debris from beaches on Elrington Island and nearby locations in southwest Prince William Sound.
- We have space for four volunteers on a US Forest Service vessel that will lead the clean-up (must be 18 years or older to ride on the vessel and must provide proof of a Covid-19 Vaccination record card or results of a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hrs of mission).
- We also hope people will join us in their private vessels. Families are welcome.
- Two Chugach National Forest employees will lead the project and provide safety training.
- Work will entail walking along uneven beach surfaces, gathering trash, loading trash onto vessels.
- The group will camp ashore.
- Food and camping gear are not provided
- Participants will work under volunteer agreement with the Chugach National Forest and be provided all tools, materials, and personal protective equipment.
- Best practices will be followed to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- A $50 non-refundable registration fee per person is required to reserve space on the vessel.
For more project details please contact email@example.com
- Sold OutElrington Island Beach Clean$50$500$0
This event is sold out