Shrode Lake Trail and Cabin Maintenance
Time & Location
About The Event
Up to 4 volunteers needed to perform light trail and cabin maintenance at Shrode Lake. Due to COVID-19, the Forest Service cannot provide boat transportation for this project. Volunteers must arrive by water taxi or their own transport. Volunteers can stay at the Shrode Lake Cabin at no charge.
- Two Chugach National Forest employees will lead this work project.
- Participants will work under volunteer agreement with the Chugach National Forest and be provided all tools, materials, and personal protective equipment. Safety training will be provided.
- Best practices will be followed to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- To maximize social distancing, priority may be given to families or volunteers living in the same household
- Volunteers will use Pulaskis, loppers and other handtools to clear salmonberry, ferns and similar brush from the Shrode Lake Trail corridor, and perform a survey of trail conditions.
- Moderate physical condition required to hike along uneven surfaces, carry tools, remove brush, and other light to moderate activity.
- Food and camping gear are not provided.
For more project details, contact us at email@example.com