Tue, Jul 13 | Whittier, AK 99693, USA
Shrode Lake Trail and Cabin Maintenance
Have fun. Get Dirty. Join us for 3 nights at the scenic Shrode Lake Cabin while helping the Chugach National Forest reopen a section of the Shrode Lake Trail between Cochrane Bay and Culross Passage.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Jul 13, 9:30 AM – Jul 16, 5:00 PM
Whittier, AK 99693, USA
About The Event
Up to 4 volunteers needed to perform light to moderate trail and cabin maintenance at Shrode Lake. Volunteers can stay at the Shrode Lake Cabin at no charge.
- We have space for four volunteers on a US Forest Service vessel traveling between Whittier to Shrode Lake (must be 18 years or older to ride on the vessel and must provide proof of a Covid-19 Vaccination record card or results of a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hrs of mission).
- Volunteers can also join us in their private vessels. Families are welcome.
- Two Chugach National Forest employees will lead the project and provide safety training.
- Volunteers will use Pulaskis, loppers and other hand-tools to clear salmonberry, ferns and similar brush from the Shrode Lake Trail corridor, and perform a survey of trail conditions.
- Moderate physical condition required to hike along uneven surfaces, carry tools, remove brush, and other light to moderate activity.
- Participants will work under volunteer agreement with the Chugach National Forest and be provided all tools, materials, and personal protective equipment.
- Best practices will be followed to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Food and camping gear are not provided.
- A $50 non-refundable registration fee per person is required to reserve space on the vessel.
For more project details please contact email@example.com.
- Shrode Lake Trail Maintenance$50$500$0